Seamlessly Transition from GCSC to UWF
Beginning Spring 2013 the University of West Florida has partnered with Gulf Coast State College to offer the GCSC2UWF program that guarantees university admission to any student who completes an associate of arts degree. The agreement benefits students by reducing the total cost of higher education by encouraging students to complete an associate of arts degree at Gulf Coast State College. Students also benefit from collaborative academic advising from the University of West Florida Transfer Advisors and an on-site GCSC2UWF Program Coordinator located on the Panama City Campus. Students will also receive access to UWF services and benefits before they enroll in the university. Students who complete an associate of arts degree at GCSC are guaranteed admissions at UWF contingent upon meeting the minimum transfer requirements.
This agreement is for general admission to the University of West Florida. Requirements for admission to individual academic programs may vary.
If you enroll in the GCSC2UWF program and complete an Associate's of Arts degree at Gulf Coast State College, the University of West Florida will offer the following benefits:
- Admission to UWF with no application fee
- Convenient transfer of records and courses from GCSC to UWF
- An affordable bachelor’s degree from an accredited and respected public university
- Options to complete your bachelor’s degree at one of the University of West Florida’s locations: Main Campus-Pensacola, Emerald Coast Campus- Ft. Walton Beach, Eglin and Hurlburt Field Air Force Base, or online
- Faculty and staff committed to your academic success
- Flexible class schedules to meet your busy lifestyles
- Coordinator along with experienced academic advisors to assist in satisfying degree requirements
- Library privileges at both institutions
- UWF email account
- UWF ID card